7. Special Fields for Research. Though research will be encouraged in all departments in any field, following fields have been identified for establishing world class facilities to develop resources, lab & manpower, to make them Research Centers of Excellence-
- 7.1 Renewable Energy & Green Technology. The university will have special focus to conduct meaningful research in the field of renewable energy to gain new knowledge, develop cost effective and efficient energy solutions, establish energy labs and energy park to encourage UG/PG Doctoral student and scholars/faculty to take up energy research as well as provide skill to students (regular & vocational) and take up research projects. A dedicated lab will have wide range of equipment, tools, test bench, material, working models and systems for solar, wind, Hydel and bio energy.
- 7.2 Material Science & Chemistry. A state of art Advanced Material Science Lab will be established with the test and experimental set ups for synthesis, characterization, testing, fabricating and development of materials nano materials, to facilitate research in pure science as well as application.
- 7.3 Earth & Space Science Center- This center will develop in to a modern observatory cum lab for monitoring, recording and analyzing atmosphere and earth data. Besides the research to enhance and expand knowledge base the facilities should provide platform to take up research work for application in the areas of climate change, seismic activities, weather phenomenon and scientific predication.
- 7.4 Agriculture Science. Advanced Research labs will be developed in Agriculture Science with the aim of taking up research in agriculture for serious application to improve productivity in agriculture in terms of quality as well as quantity. Research Projects for crop improvements and irrigation system will be taken up by these labs.
- 7.5 Water, Environment & Disaster Management. A multi disciplinary team for this special area of research will be formed. Facilities in labs of various departments will be used and upgraded to take up research projects in the areas of water resources management, environmental studies and disaster management.