The Faculty of Science at AISECT University is committed to science, education and training both as a major disciplines of study and as a crucial part of a progressive and holistic education. For the purpose of pursuing careers, research and other technical endeavors in which a background in Science is a pre-requisite, the University provides well structured dedicated graduate and post graduate programs. Moving forward, the institute is now shifting its sights towards being a recognized centre for sustainable energy research by developing research facilities and initiating research activities at the national and international level.
Department of Physical Science has three main divisions-Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. The mission of the undergraduate program is to provide students with foundational knowledge in the discipline of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics from fundamental and practical approach. In Postgraduate programs, in advanced labs and lectures, students build an in-depth knowledge of the principles which enables them to participate in research and studies involving physics, earth science, metrology, biotechnology, nanotechnology, materials and environmental sciences and more. Through completion of advanced course work and rigorous skills training; the PhD program prepares students to make original contributions to the knowledge and, ability to conduct independent research with a special emphasis to the Applied Research. Advanced hi-tech infra and sophisticated & latest instruments offer not only interesting learning facilities but also cutting –edge research activities.
The aim of the Physics Division is to provide vibrant and interactive plat form to students for understanding the physical world through observational, theoretical and experimental methods and to exercise quantitative, qualitative and combined methodologies to address problems in the fields of science and technology. In pursuit of these goals, the Department facilities students with excellent learning environment in terms of experienced faculty, state of the art labs, research tools & equipment infrastructure and facilities in Physics. The Division coordinates objectives in research, teaching, and infrastructure.
Chemistry is about the nature of matter and the Chemistry Division is very well geared up to explain to the students the complex problems of the real world in chemical terms. The Chemistry Division has an excellent teaching –learning environment and labs to play a key role to enrich the students for the deeper understanding of Chemistry and apply them in real life scenario. The curriculum in Chemistry is so well designed that it gives basic concepts effectively, gen up with theoretical knowledge and provides hands on experience. There are compulsory skill courses, industrial visits, seminars and activities to provide holistic development and improve their employability.
Mathematics Division has very qualified and experienced teachers who are competent to make learning of mathematics simple, enjoyable and interesting. There is great demand for good Mathematician these days. Mathematics Division of AISECT University fulfils this demand with quality mathematicians.
Dr. Suryanshu Choudhary M.Sc, M. Tech, PhD
Head & Associate Professor Research Area- Plasma Physics 3 International Research Publications
Dr. Sudeshna Ray M.Sc, PhD
Associate Professor Research Area- Luminescence 9 Research Publications 2 Research Projects one Patent
Dr. Chitra Singh PhD
Associate Professor Research Area- Fixed Point Theorem 2 Research Publications
Ms. Jyoti Rawat M.Sc Chemistry
Assistant Professor Research Area- Organic Chemistry
Mr. Ranjit Puse M.Sc Chemistry
Assistant Professor Research Area- Physical Chemistry
Mr. Varun Khade M.Sc Physics
Assistant Professor Research Area- Condensed Matter Physics
Dr. Neetu Paliwal M.Sc PhD
Associate Professor 5 Research Publications
Dr. Sheetal Gulati M.Sc PhD
Associate Professor 5 Research Publication
Ms. Bharti Saxena M.Sc.
Assistant Professor 2 Research Publication
Mr. Sunil Shrivastava M.Sc.
1. Dr.Suryanshu Choudhary - Chairman
2. Dr. Chitra Singh - Member
3. Mr. Ranjit Puse - Member
4. Mr. Varun Khade - Member
5. Ms. Jyoti Rawat - Member
6. Student Member - Appointed by HoD
1. Prof Santosh Jain - External Member
2. Dr.Ramakant Bhardwaj - External Member
3. Dr. Anand Moorti - External Member
4. Dr. Sfoorti Varma - External Member
|Undergraduate Programmes||Bachelor of Science B.Sc||3 Years||10 + 2 (PCM)|
|Post Graduate Programmes||Master of Science M.Sc. (Physics)||2 Years||B.Sc. (PCM)|
|Post Graduate Programmes||Master of Science M.Sc. (Chemistry)||2 Years||B.Sc. (PCM)|
|Post Graduate Programmes||Master of Science M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years||Graduate with Maths|
|Research Programme||Master of Philosophy M Phil (Phy)||1 Year||M.Sc (Phy)|
|Research Programme||Master of Philosophy M Phil (Chemistry)||1 Year||M.Sc (Chemistry)|
POs & PSOs
Programme outcomes B.Sc (PCM)
After the completion of the B.Sc degree there are various options available for the science students, they can go for master degree in Science i.e. M.Sc, go in a research area and can even look for professional job oriented courses. Often, in some reputed universities or colleges in India and abroad the students are recruited directly by big MNC's after their completion of the course.
Program Specific outcome of B.Sc (PCM)
Bachelor of Science in PCM is 3 years regular degree program, emphasizes on making the students understand the structural and functional basis of the universe.. This course forms the basis of science and comprises of the subjects like physics, chemistry and mathematics.
The program leads the students to higher learning in physical, mathematical and chemical sciences and contribute to the welfare of the society. It is designed to help the students to understand the importance of chemicals, chemical industries and the role of these in improving the quality of human life. It also helps the students to recognize and appreciate the contribution of great scientists in the field of physics, chemistry and mathematics.
After the completion of the B.Sc PCM degree there are various options available for the science students, they can go for master degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics , go in a research area and can even look for professional job oriented courses. Often, in some reputed universities or colleges in India and abroad the students are recruited directly by big MNC's after their completion of the course.
M.Sc Physics Program Outcomes
Post Graduates in Physics program should possess fundamental knowledge of physics, including basic concepts and principles in
(1) Classical mechanics, electrodynamics, quantum mechanics and thermodynamics;
(2) Mathematical (analytic and numerical) methods and experimental methods for physics.
Students should be able to transfer and apply the acquired concepts and principles to study different branches of physics.
Post Graduates in Physics program should have acquired the following professional skills to deal with representative physics problems and situations at the undergraduate and post graduation level
(1) Identifying the key factors and applying appropriate principles and assumptions in the Formulation of Physics problems
(2) Applying appropriate analytical and approximation methods to solve physics hypothesis.
(3) Applying general experimental and measurement skills with prescribed procedures;
(4) Analyzing experimental data and their level of uncertainty, relating the experimental results with theoretical expectations
(5) Applying appropriate scientific programming skills to demonstrate the results.
(6) Preparing a literature and project report for research and innovations.
M.Sc Physics Programmes Specific Outcomes
Completion of Post Graduation in Physics provides ample career openings both in public as well as private sector enterprises. They can apply for all government jobs that insight graduation and post graduation as the basic qualification. Most promising government institutes like Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Physics Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, Shah Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkota and Nuclear Science Centre, New delhi. There are many opportunities available for M.Sc physics in technical field like as a Observations Scientist, Assistant Scientist, Quality control Manager, Laboratory technician, School Science Technician or Research Analyst in any government or private institutions. The Following list shows some of the employment areas for Physics graduates & post graduates:
Main Employment Areas:
1. Research Institutes
2. Laboratories and Institutes
3. Educational Institutes
4. Agricultural Research services
6. Power Generating Companies
7. Aviation Industry
8. Construction Firms
9. Demolition Squads
10. Protechnics Manufactures
Programme outcomes (M.Sc. Chemistry):
M.Sc. Chemistry is designed to prepare Post Graduates to attain the following program outcomes:
1. Students should have an advanced level understanding of at least three of the following areas of chemistry - Analytical, Inorganic, Organic, and Physical Chemistry.
2. An ability to think broadens their professional foundations through activities such as teaching, internships, and fellowships.
3. An ability to to communicate scientific results in writing and in oral presentation.
4. Students should become proficient in their specialized area of chemistry and successfully complete an advanced research project
5. An ability to acquire the basic tools needed to carry out independent chemical research.
6. Ability to a graduate with a Master's degree in Chemistry has in-depth and detailed functional knowledge of the fundamental theoretical concepts and experimental methods of chemistry.
7. The graduate has obtained insight into the interface between, on the one hand, the history of chemistry and natural science and, on the other hand, issues pertaining to the areas of modern technology, health, and environment.
8. Skilled in examining specific phenomena theoretically and/or experimentally, the graduate is able to contribute to the generation of new scientific insights or to the innovation of new applications of chemical research.
9. The graduate has specific skills in planning and conducting advanced chemical experiments and applying structural-chemical characterization techniques.
Program Specific Outcomes (M.Sc. Chemistry):
• Apply knowledge of a graduate with a Master's degree in Chemistry has in-depth and detailed functional knowledge of the fundamental theoretical concepts and experimental methods of chemistry
• An ability of depth knowledge of the topics of the research conducted by the researchers at the Department of Chemistry.
• An ability to work obtained insight into the interface between, on the one hand, the history of chemistry and natural science
• An ability to analyze impacts of Specify, design and develop concurrent and parallel programs.
• An understanding of the graduate has expert knowledge of a well-defined area of research within chemistry
• Work upon unfamiliar problems through investigative studies and researchand contribute to the development of technological knowledge and intellectual properties in chemical sciences
• Use the techniques, skills, and modern chemical tools/software's in examining specific phenomena theoretically and/or experimentally
• An ability to use apply innovation of new applications of chemical research, pertaining to the areas of new researches, chemical hazards, health issues, medical, drugs, and environment.
• An ability to know how to critically evaluate data collected to determine the identity, purity, and percent yield of products and to summarize findings in writing in a clear and concise manner
Programme outcomes (M. Sc Mathematics)
A master's degree is a postgraduate degree for students who want to become more skilled or specialized in a particular discipline. While bachelor's and other undergraduate degrees typically give a relatively broad overview of a particular area of study, master's degrees tend to be more focused and allow students to develop the depth of their knowledge in a particular subject, putting them on the right course to become leaders in their fields.
The answer to the question of what is an MSc in Mathematics lies in understanding how different types of math are categorized. Instead of focusing on a particular type of math such as algebra or calculus, a postgraduate degree in general mathematics allows students to concentrate on number theory and advanced mathematical methods that tie together all the different forms of mathematics they have likely already learned. This degree tends to have a heavy focus on analysis and theory rather than practical uses of math, but most schools also require several application courses for completion.
Program Specific Outcomes M.Sc (Mathematics)
1. A graduate with a Master's degree in Mathematics has knowledge of advanced models and methods of mathematics, including some from the research frontier of the field, and expert knowledge of a well-defined field of study, based on the highest international level of research in mathematics.
2. The graduate has specific skills in independently comprehending, analyzing, modeling, and solving given problems at a high level of abstraction based on logical and structured reasoning.
3. The graduate is able to use computer calculations as a tool to carry out scientific investigations and develop new variants of the acquired methods, if required by the problem at hand.
|1||Commencement of semester , Fees Payment and Registration 1st, 3rd, 5th Sem||24 July 2017|
|2||Commencement of classes 3rd, 5th Sem||25 July 2017|
|3||MSA- 1 (After Unit- 1) Assignment||10 Aug. 2017|
|4||Mid Semester Test (MST-I) After (Unit 2)||28-30 Aug. 2017|
|5||Display of Mid Semester Test-I results and attendance||04 Sept. 2017|
|6||MSA- 2 (After Unit- 3) Assignment||18 Sept. 2017|
|7||MST-II, (Test) (Unit 4)||03-05 Oct. 2017|
|8||Display of MST II Result & Attendance||09 Oct. 2017|
|9||Submission of Examination Forms and Examination Fees||20 Oct. to 15 Nov. 2017|
|10||Minor (All Units )||20-25 Nov. 2017|
|11||Display of Result of Minor||28 Nov. 2017|
|12||Submission of Examination Forms with Late Fees||16-23 Nov. 2017|
|13||Preparation Leave||To be notified later|
|14||Major Semester Final Examination Theory & Practical||04-30 Dec. 2017|
|15||Semester Vacation||01-20 Jan. 2018|
|16||Commencement of new semester||22 Jan. 2018|
All the two MST’s (MST I & MST II) will be for duration of one period only. Class teacher will conduct the MST any day between the block dates given above during class hours with prior notice to the class. MSA’s will be two/three sheets assignments to evaluate problem solving skill, analytical approach and conceptual understanding of the student. Minor and Major will be for 3 hours duration each, covering entire syllabus. Note: - 1. SAC will notify separately Extracurricular Activity Calendar of functions, social gathering and sports meet in consultation with NSS/NCC/Sports incharge and all deans, latest by 14 July 2017. 2. Deans/department will notify separately a Faculty/Departmental Activity (seminar/guest lecture/visits/value addition workshops/classes etc.) in consultation with other Deans, & SAC by 14 July 2017. Academic Calendar 2018 for Non-Technical Courses
|1||Commencement of semester , Fees Payment and Registration 6th, 4th, 2nd Sem||22 Jan. 2018|
|2||Commencement of classes (Attendance Compulsory) 6th, 4th, 2nd Sem||23 Jan. 2018|
|3||MSA- 1 (After Unit- 1) Assignment||07 Feb. 2018|
|4||Mid Semester Test (MST-I) After (Unit- 2) *||27 Feb. 2018|
|5||Display of Mid Semester Test-I results and attendance||04 March 2018|
|6||MSA- 2 (After Unit- 3) Assignment||22 March 2018|
|7||MST-II, (Test) (Unit- 4) *||19-21 April 2018|
|8||Display of MST II||24 April 2018|
|9||Submission of Examination Forms and Examination Fees||20 April to 15 May 2018|
|10||Minor (Equivalent of PUT) (All Units)||21-25 May 2018|
|11||Submission of Examination Forms with Late Fees||16-23 May 2018|
|12||Display of Result of Minor||28 May 2018|
|13||Preparation Leave||To be notified later|
|14||Major Final Semester Theory & Practical Exam||30 May to 25 June 2018|
|15||Semester Vacation||26 June to 10 July 2018|
|16||Commencement of new semester||11 July 2018|
All the two MST’s (MST I & MST II) will be for duration of one period only. Class teacher will conduct the MST any day between the block dates given above during class hours with prior notice to the class. MSA’s will be two/three sheets assignments to evaluate problem solving skill, analytical approach and conceptual understanding of the student. Minor and Major will be for 3 hours duration each, covering entire syllabus. Note: - 1. SAC will notify separately Extracurricular Activity Calendar of functions, social gathering and sports meet in consultation with NSS/NCC/Sports incharge and all deans, latest by 17 Jan. 2018. 2. Deans/department will notify separately a Faculty/Departmental Activity (seminar/guest lecture/visits/value addition workshops/classes etc.) in consultation with other Deans, & SAC by 17 Jan. 2018.
General Physics Laboratory
This department offers B.Sc., M.Sc. and M.Phil. professional degree programs along with a well qualified and highly experienced faculty. The state-of-the-art Chemistry Lab with the latest equipment makes it suitable for chemical engineering as well.
The Department of Mathematics at AISECT University is a major research division that has a strong demanding post graduate program framework in Mathematics. The department offers B.Sc., M.Sc. and M.Phil. professional degrees in Mathematics. A highly qualified faculty has been appointed to instill an interest and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Through a research oriented faculty and facilities to complement the same, we continuously strive to provide an academic exposure that is at par with the International Standards of curriculum. With a broad range of features like state of the art specimens, microscopes and lab equipments to innovative audio visual representations of diagrams and case studies, we ensure that our students are analytically and cognitively enabled to apply this subject in their relevant professional fields.
|Agriculture||Agriculture B.SC (Agri)||4 Years||12th Standard (PCM,PCB,AGRI.)|